When it comes to instant messaging, there are many popular apps that will meet your requirements. Among them, Telegram allows you to message directly and constantly with your friends online. It also secures your communication by offering the end to end encryption.
If you are thinking about signing up for Telegram but haven’t decided yet, you can read this article to know more advantages of Telegram. If you log up for Telegram and are not satisfied with it or you are already a user of Telegram and want to leave it, Telegram allows to permanently delete your account. You can follow our instructions in this article.
First, we are going to familiarize you with some advantages of Telegram.
Telegram focuses on private, secure, encrypted and instant messaging. It adopts end-to-end encryption and messages self-destruction timer for the “secret chat”. To ensure users’ privacy, chat history won’t be stored on Telegram servers.
Small installation package
Telegram’s installation package is much smaller than the vast majority of its counterparts. It also occupies less memory on your device than other apps. A small installation package means more space for your apps and data.
Telegram allows users to start a conversation simply by typing in the name of the person you want to chat with. You don’t even need to send a friend request and wait until your request is accepted.
Channel and group
There are groups and channels in Telegram. The limit of a group is 20,000 members. While a channel has no limit on the number of subscribers.
A channel is a one-to-many media platform. Channels can be built by individuals or companies. Only the creator of a channel can broadcast messages.
Unlike channels, every member in the group can share files and add new members to the group. However, if the group is in restricted mode, only the administrator can invite new members.
Telegram is currently compatible with almost all platforms on PC and mobile phones. In a normal chat, a copy is stored on the server so you can sync messages between devices and always have a conversation. Suppose you are using Telegram on your laptop in a coffee shop. Suddenly, your laptop automatically powers off but you forgot to bring the charger. What to do if you have to go back to the conversation? Don’t worry. Open the Telegram app on your phone and you can continue your chat with previous messages synchronized on your phone.
With the Telegram Bot Platform, developers can use the official API to implement various functions. There are already a number of innovative features on Telegram Bot.
Although the above things are all attractive, you still have good reasons to leave Telegram.
Telegram is blocked in a few countries or regions, such as Iran, China, Oman, Pakistan and Russia. To access Telegram, users in these countries need to bypass geographical restrictions with a tool. May it be a VPN, proxy or Tor. They may find it’s troublesome or there are few friends using this app.
Another disadvantage of Telegram is that it doesn’t offer a payment feature. Therefore, Telegram can only be used for publicity and communication. You can’t monetize knowledge and communities through Telegram.
If you require private chat and simple sharing, you can start messaging with Telegram. If you want to delete your Telegram account for some reasons, you will find there is no account delete button in its app. In the following paragraphs, we will teach you how to delete a Telegram account permanently step by step.
Delete a Telegram account manually
- To deactivate your Telegram account, you should visit the Telegram Deactivation Page on your browser.
- Type in the phone number you used to sign up for Telegram. Note that the number should be in international format.
- Click on “Next” and it will send a confirmation code to your Telegram app.
- Enter “Confirmation Code” and tap “Sign in”.
- On the next page, choose the “ Delete account”.
- Tap “Done” after you filling the reasons for leaving Telegram.
- When you are asked to confirm your decision, you can click on “Yes, delete my account.” if you have made your mind.
- Then, this Telegram account is permanently deleted.
Besides, you can also try the self-destruction of Telegram to delete your account. For security and privacy reasons, Telegram accounts will self-destruct if you don’t use it for a certain time. This time period ranges from one month to one year. You can adjust it according to your own needs.
- Open the Telegram desktop or mobile app.
- On the top left corner, tap the menu icon.
- Tap “Settings”.
- Click on “Privacy and Security”.
- Scroll down to “Automatically delete my account if away for”.
- Tap it to choose a period. If you don’t log in to your account within this period, your Telegram account will self-destruct.
If you want to permanently delete a telegram account, there is something that you should bear in mind before deleting your account.
- If you delete your account, all your chats and data will be deleted by telegram. Your account will be closed and your messages and contacts will be permanently deleted.
- The channels and groups you create will continue to function normally and the existing administrators will retain their privileges.
- You also need to back up your important data because you can no longer rely on the telegram doing this for you. To avoid deleting important data, it is best to first transfer your data in your Telegram account to another number and then delete the Telegram account. If you transfer your data to another phone number in the telegram, you do not have to worry about deleting all your data.
Thus, deleting a Telegram account is not a good choice for users who only want to delete all their conversations in Telegram.
If Telegram is not available in your country, you need a VPN service to get past geo-blocks.